Microsoft is ringing in the new year with a new round of Xbox One firmware updates and features. The addition that Xbox owners will likely be most happy about is the new “Do not disturb” option, which will block all notifications when turned on. No more annoying update alerts or messages from friends when watching Mindhunter on Netflix or struggling with a Cuphead boss! Other new features include improved Achievement tracking, Mini Game Hubs, and more. Here’s the full rundown from Microsoft:
- Sometimes all you want to do is avoid all distractions and focus entirely on your game. We’ll be including a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know that you’re not available for another game or activity right now.
- The Next Achievements feature in the Guide will enable you to view and sort a cross-games list of upcoming Achievements. Easily see which Achievements you are closest to, and quickly launch the game to obtain them. Sort filters allow you to prioritize next Achievements by closest, most common, rarest, most common rare, and highest Gamerscore.
- Mini Game Hubs will soon be available right in the Guide. With this feature, you’ll be able to access great content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more.
- We’re tweaking the community feed to make it easier to view comments. You’ll soon be able to see a peek of the most recent comment on community posts while viewing the activity in full screen. Comments are also being rearranged to place those that are most recent at the top. You’ll also be able to see who has liked your comments.
- To address user feedback, we’re adding additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you will be able to select options for two, three, four and five hours.
These updates are currently rolling out to those signed up to the Xbox Insider program, and will be available to rank-and-file Xbox One owners over the next several weeks.
What do you think of the upcoming Xbox One updates? What new features would you add if you could?
Source | wccftech