Bungie will be releasing a Destiny 2 patch later this week that will fix regular access to the Prestige Raid, Trials, Nightfall and time limited events.
As covered last week, the release of the Curse of Osiris DLC prevented players from accessing the prestige Raid, Nightfall, and Trials. All of these activities were accessible prior to the expansion’s launch, but the expansion caused these activities to be moved to a separate DLC playlist and players who doesn’t own the Curse of the Osiris expansion simply can’t play the content that they paid for when purchasing Destiny 2.
Following community outrage over this decision, Bungie has now admitted that they have made a mistake and has promised a hotfix that will be deployed later this week.
“With Curse of Osiris now live, it’s clear that we’ve made some mistakes with how we have handled content access”, Bungie writes in a new blog post. “The Destiny endgame features a variety of activities and playlists that we want to remain relevant to players as they grow more powerful. In Destiny 1, as your character grew more powerful throughout each expansion, some of our best content, like Vault of Glass, was left behind and lost its relevance for players. We wanted a better solution for Destiny 2, where all of our Endgame activities could stay relevant as each Expansion causes your Guardian to grow more and more powerful.”
Down below you’ll find the changes that Bungie will be making:
The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
- This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
- This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
- Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
- New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.
- This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
- Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
- Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.
Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.
Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
We’ll update as soon as the hotfix arrives. Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Source | wccftech